Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Winter Training Begins

Dogs of War Unleashed


For the past couple weeks, the Flames players have been dragging themselves out of bed and attending our 6 AM Xplosive Edge sessions. Coaches Neil, Kim and I have been training with them. Now, I do not like to get up that early (that is pretty normal, I think.) But once I am up and about, I like getting the workout over early in the day. It leaves the rest of the day free to do the things that need to get done.

The players have been working hard for the most part. Our trainers so far have been Jamie and Pete. Jamie has decided to emphasize the running portion of X-Edge training. There has been some difficult sprinting sessions pulling weighted sleds and pushing the contraption called the "Road Warrior." As the character "Humungus" once said in the Road Warrior movie, "Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."

No comments: