Sunday, September 7, 2008

Aarrgh. CSM falls to Hastings



Our team lost a close one to the Broncos from Hastings on Sunday. CSM started strong witha blast from Daniella Padilla at the top of the box with an assist from King. However, we made a couple of silly mistakes and gave up a little breakaway and a penalty kick because of a handball in the box.

In the second half, Amanda Brabec scored in her second game in a row from an assist by Melissa King. Amanda scored 28 seconds into the second half. I can't really tell you more about the goal because I wa in the bathroom. My ten year old daughter told me that I need to go to the bathroom more often in games.

Hastings scored an a breakaway with about 10 minutes to go. That seemed to really take the wind out of our sails and we ended up falling to the Broncos.

I told my coach after the game that if we just clean up half of the errors that we made today, we will dominate our opponents.

Next game is on Friday in Olate, Kansas against Baker at 10:30 am in the MidAmerica Nazarene University Tournament. We then play MNU at 2:30 on Saturday.

No comments: